Millions of seniors rely on Medicare for health coverage in retirement, but new data tells us that a frightening number of older Americans are confused about the program's most basic rules. In a recent quiz distributed among adults aged 60 to 64, 65% failed to answer most questions correctly. Specifically, 42% of older workers thought that both Medicare Parts A and B are free. Additionally, 37% thought that filing for Medicare and Social Security together was a requirement. Another 34% didn't know that Medicare won't pay for health coverage outside of the U.S.
Even if you do fully understand Medicare and how it will affect your healthcare in retirement there are good reasons to attend this workshop where experts will be able to answer all your questions.
In this Medicare Workshop, we'll be covering everything from the basics to the most complicated segments of Medicare.
Here are a few of the topics that we'll be covering in this Medicare Workshop:
- How and when should I sign up for Medicare?
- What do I need to know before enrolling in a Medicare plan?
- What are Medicare parts A, B, C, and D?
- Medicare coverage, cost and the need for supplemental insurance.
- What you need to know during open enrollment.
- Will you have an Income Related Monthly Adjustment?
- How to use Medicare to pay for Hospital visits, doctor appointments and pay for prescription drugs
- 2019 RX Gap
- How to get extra assistance paying for prescription drugs in retirement
- Which plan is right for you
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Is there a cost to attend?
No, there is no cost to attend.
Do I need to bring anything?
No, you will be provided a folder and a pen and paper to take notes.
Will any investments or investment products be discussed?
No, there will not be any discussion of any investments whatsoever.
Will I be pitched or sold anything?
No, there is no sales pitch, this is an educational workshop.
This event is not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.
Date and Time
Thu, Mar 12, 2020
12:00p - 1:00p EST